Today, English mood! Since I've read my lecture notes this morning -almost nauseated due overload input and watched cartoon, this all happen unexpectedly. If there is any grammar or inappropriate comprehension. I am really sorry. Learn is better than never. Peace.
Here we go. As y'all
know, rice is our staple food especially in Asian country. Here in Malaysia, I
live in such a hustle and bustle area, still I take this as my Top 3 food that
I in love after my mom's dishes. Anyway, some said rice can lead to our extra
weight. Is this fact or it just a rumor that spread around to increase bread sales?
Well, here are some info I get from my mom's book.
MYTH 1 – Eating rice
after 7pm causes weight gain.
The truth-it’s not at
what time you eat that’s the greater evil. It is not balancing what you eat
with physical exercise that leads to the problem.
MYTH 2 – Carbohydrate
causes weight gain.
The truth is
carbohydrates like rice are a good source of calories with little fat. The
problem only rises when it is eaten in large quantities and with rich toppings
or sauces containing butter, cream, coconut milk, etc.
MYTH 3 – A low-carbohydrate and high-protein diet is healthier.
Fact- excessive protein
can lead to kidney failure. It has also been observed that people who lose
weight on a low-carbohydrate diet tend to gain it back faster after they end
the diet.
MYTH 4 – A strict diet
with little or no carbohydrate, meat and fat is healthier.
Truth- vitamins are
vital for our body and are found in vegetable and fruit. However, without
carbohydrate, vitamins cannot function at its optimum; thus causing potential
malnutrition in many cases.
TRUTH: RICE is ideally
suited for special dietary needs. Rice contains only 103 calories per half-cup
serving of white rice and 108 calories per half-cup serving of brown rice. It
is a complex carbohydrate, cholesterol-free, almost fat and sodium free, high
in fibre, non-allergenic and is easy to digest.
I'm not sure whether
you can get this book from any book store unless you buy product from
Tupperware Collection. since I have read this book and get to know more and
more info that may help you in future planning on how to reduce weight, it
still depends on your opinion and decide. For me, a well balanced diet is
crucial for our health. Islam taught me to be in modest.
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Terima kasih..! Jemput komen lagi :)